We may be nearing the end of the official VeganMofo but for me every day is VeganMofo! I hope you enjoyed all the recipes I’ve posted so far. I have something special planned for the finale but until then there is this: Cilantro Pepita Pesto Vinaigrette, that’s a mouthful isn’t it?
This recipe was inspired by a salad I use to get before I was vegan.
Cilantro Pepita Pesto Vinaigrette
- 1 cup Cilantro
- 1/3 cup Pepitas
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 2 1/2 tsp. Vegan Parmesan
- 1 tsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 TBSP Water
- Place everything except oil and water into your food processor.
- Blend on high and scrape down sides for about a minute.
- Turn to low-speed and slowly drizzle in the oil.
- Scrape down sides and add water and blend until you reach a thick dressing type consistency. You can add more water if needed, a little at a time.
- That’s it!
- Enjoy on your favorite salad, over steamed veggies or use as a dip.
My favorite Salad is a Garden Chop. Simple to prepare and it looks so pretty on a plate. Just take between a 1/4 -1/2 cup of your favorite veggies and arrange in a row, you can even put a bed of greens down first. In the picture above I used Heirloom Tomatoes, Pearl CousCous, Black Olives, Chickpeas, Hearts of Palm and Artichoke Hearts. You can use whatever you have on hand, dried fruit and seeds are a great addition too.