VeganMofo Day 6. While some of you are curling up with a hot cup of tea or hot cocoa and watching the leaves change as fall rolls in over in my neck of the woods we are still sweltering in 90+ degrees weather. I can’t wait to make soups, casseroles and chilis but for now I’m keeping my cool with this summery quinoa crunch salad.
Chickpea Quinoa Crunch Salad
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic Red Quinoa, prepared as directed on package
- 1 15oz. can Simple Truth Organic Chickpeas
- 1 cup Organic Red Cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup Organic Cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 Organic Cilantro, chopped
- 3 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 2 TBSP Simple Truth Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 Avocado, for garnishing
- Prepare the quinoa and allow to cool to room temp.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Whisk together the Lemon juice, Oil, Cumin and Salt and set aside.
- Toss together remaining ingredients, except avocado, in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing on to the salad and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Serve well chilled with avocado slices and a lemon wedge.
This salad will soak up the dressing once it’s chilled, but you can add more if you like or leave as is and allow the fresh taste of your ingredients to shine.