It’s VeganMofo Day 5! Today I bring together two of my favorite things: oatmeal and peanut butter, and turn them into one delicious treat! These aren’t your average peanut butter cookies though. What makes these so special is the kind of peanut butter I’m using.
Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Peanut Butter by Peanut Butter & Co. to be exact. Have you had it?
It’s quite delicious on its own but it’s easier for me to justify eating a plate of cookies than it is a jar of peanut butter. I must say these cookies are great for breakfast but then again what cookie isn’t? Cookies for breakfast, that’s my motto.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1 cup Organic Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 cup Organic Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Organic Sugar
- 1/3 cup Organic Applesauce
- 1 TBSP Coconut Oil
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, oats, salt, baking soda and cinnamon in one bowl.
- Mix sugar, applesauce, peanut butter and coconut oil in another bowl.
- Add dry to the wet and fold in raisins and walnuts. (it’s gonna be sticky)
- Use a large cookie scoop and put scoops of dough on a parchment lined baking sheet and gently press with a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Let cool and enjoy.