Good Morning MoFo-ers! It’s day 4 of VeganMofo and I’ve stepped away from the sweets to bring you my savory and delicious Falafel Hummus. This is a lighter way to satisfy those falafel cravings and just goes to show you that deep-fried isn’t always better.
Let’s be honest, there’s not much a chickpea can’t do. High in protein, fiber, iron, and manganese for energy production, these little beans of wonder not only taste great but will leave you feeling full and satisfied longer. You can make this recipe as a meal for yourself or as a dish to share with friends, either way I can guarantee you’ll be wanting more.
I like to eat mine with fresh veggies, sweet peppers and cucumber are my favorite! How do you like to eat your hummus?
- 1 15oz. can of Organic Chickpeas
- 1/4 cup fresh Parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh Cilantro
- 2 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp. Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chopped Fresh Garlic
- 1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Coriander
- 1/8 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 TBSP Organic Hemp Oil
- 2 TBSP Organic Olive Oil
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Add all ingredients to the food processor except the oils.
- Process on high, until mostly blended and scrape down a few times.
- While on high speed, drizzle in the oils.
- Continue blending and scraping down the sides until the mixture is a nice smooth consistency.
- Transfer the hummus to a bowl and refrigerate to let the flavors marinate.
- Serve chilled with fresh veggies and/or pita chips.