Do you ever get a craving for something you used to eat before you went Vegan? Me Too!! I know everybody loves Cheezits they were one of my favorites! So here is my recipe for a New and Improved old time favorite.
- 1 cup Daiya Cheddar Shreds, or try their Jalepeno Havarti or Pepper Jack for a twist
- 3/4 cup Organic Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 3 TBSP Earth Balance Buttery Spread
- 1/4 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 3-4 TBSP cold water
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Add Cheese and Butter to your KitchenAid mixing bowl and mix on high for about 5 minutes until the cheese is really broken up and makes a nice paste with the butter.
- Add the flour and the salt and mix just until incorporated.
- Add your water 1 TBSP at a time (you may not need all of it), stirring with wooden spoon and scraping down sides of bowl. You want a soft pliable ball of dough, not too wet or too dry.
- Work into a nice smooth ball with your hands, then divide dough into two balls.
- Roll out between 2 sheets of parchment. You want it pretty thin.
- Cut into squares with a pizza cutter or your knife of choice, then poke a little hole in each square using a tooth pick.
- Sprinkle with Sea Salt and gently use the pizza cutter to pick up each square and put in on your lined baking sheet.
- Bake between 12-20 minutes. Some may get really browned, and that’s ok, just don’t let them burn, but you do want them lightly brown to make sure they are nice and crunchy.
- Repeat with second ball of dough or refrigerate for later use.
Source: Adapted and Veganized from Better Homes and Gardens.