I’ve finally gotten around to making a site to share my Love of Vegan Food with You.
Since I’ve had so many requests for this simple dish, I find it to be the perfect first post!
I call it the Egg VcMuffin. To start you’re going to need some firm tofu, I use the organic sprouted tofu, from Trader Joe’s, in the twin pack. English muffins or bread, whatever you fancy. Some of your favorite meatless bacon or sausage, I used Upton’s Naturals Seitan Bacon and Daiya Cheddar Shreds as well as some Veganaise. And let’s not forget the most important ingredient, The Indian Black Salt A.K.A. Kala Namak! This is what’s going to give your tofu that eggy flavor. You can find it in most International Markets for only a couple of dollars.
- To Make the tofu eggs drain and rinse your tofu, press if desired, I usually don’t.
- Cut into squares and season generously with Himalayan Sea Salt, Onion Powder and Pepper on both sides.
- Heat up your skillet on medium high, add a couple of TableSpoons of Earth Balance, let it melt.
- Add your tofu and cook about 3-4 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Once the tofu is cooked add a light sprinkle of the Kala Namak to the top of each piece. A little goes a long way so don’t be heavy-handed.
Next assemble your sandwich however you see fit and Enjoy!